As Cockpit Electronics Engineer within the Silk-FAW Automotive electrical team you will lead the development activities for various cockpit components and systems on all future Silk-FAW hyper and super road cars.
The Cockpit Electronics team is responsible for the elements interfacing the car with its passengers, through the definition of a state-of-the-art HMI/UX supported by cutting-edge technologies inside the electronic components and systems, ensuring a breath-taking experience through the main human body senses: visual, audible and tactile.
The electronics include driver information, infotainment and passengers entertainment systems, displays, telematics and communication systems, emergency call systems, audio systems, cameras, head-up-display projections, smartphone mirroring, switches, as well as peripheral components like antennas, USB pods, and smartphone wireless chargers.
The responsibility over both HMI/UX and above-mentioned components stretches from concept definition, technical specification, development, validation and delivery into series production, covering both hardware and software worlds.
The individual tasks will include definition and development of various systems, creation of functional requirements, test cases and procedures, test executions both statically on test bench and dynamically in vehicles, proof of concept development, as well as supplier management and business reviews.
Our customers expect high standards and we require staff capable of meeting such demands.
- Ownership of cockpit electronic modules, components and/or systems
- Conduct definition of concepts for the owned areas of responsibilities
- Conduct identification of suitable technologies
- Support definition of supply chain
- Create detailed system functional specifications
- Prepare integration and features definition with the overall vehicle architecture
- Assist with management of multiple hardware and software suppliers to deliver features and components on time, on cost, and within quality and functional specifications
- Report on current activities, hardware&software status and issues at a business level
- Develop and coordinate DVP plans for all areas associated with agreed responsibility
- Ensure and sign-off launch readiness of features and components for production
- Test road cars with the latest features and content before release
- Assist with fault finding and root cause analysis of software and hardware failures
- Report bugs and create test reports
- Take responsibility and drive issue resolution with hardware and software suppliers
- Support developing the engineering team by training new colleagues into their new roles and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Software Engineering or other relevant engineering subject
- Several years work experience in development and delivery of electrical and electronic systems for automotive applications
- Proven experience in one or more of the following areas: Driver Information, Infotainment modules (e.g. Multimedia, Connectivity, Navigation, CarPlay, Android Auto, Voice Recognition, etc.), Displays, Telematics and Communication, Emergency call systems, Audio systems, Cameras, Head-up-Display projections, Switches, Antennas, USB pods, Smartphone wireless chargers
- Experience of the Systems Development Lifecycle (V Model)
- Ability to produce formal documentation to a professional standard – experienced in creation and maintenance of System Requirements/ Technical Specifications, DFMEA’s, DVP, Test Cases and Test Procedures, Timing Plans, Minutes and Actions of Meetings
- Experience managing Tier1 suppliers from concept definition to product delivery
- Organised, systematic and understand the process of fault finding
- Knowledge of CAN/LIN/Ethernet and related tools such as CANoe/CANalyzer
- Familiar with issue tracking tools (Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Familiarity with CAD tools and mechanical design concepts could be an advantage
- Experience in A-Surface design could be an advantage
- Mature, confident and articulate in high pressure scenarios
- Pro-active, self-organised and able to work independently with minimum level of supervision
- Ability to effectively manage time between multiple projects and prioritise
- Naturally technical. Able to employ fundamental engineering principles
- Able to make sound judgements based on balance of risk, when data is not available
- Attention to detail, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Highly motivated and hands-on team player with an exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, social and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours when required
- Passion for the automotive industry and/or technology desirable but not essential
Italia, Emilia Romagna (Reggio Emilia)