As Infotainment Manager within the Silk-FAW Automotive electrical team you will lead the development activities for Cockpit Controller and its components spreading over all Silk-FAW hyper and super road cars.
The Cockpit Electronics team is responsible for the elements interfacing the car with its passengers, through the definition of a state-of-the-art UX/HMI supported by cutting-edge technologies inside the electronic components and systems, ensuring a breath-taking experience through the main human body senses: visual, audible, tactile, olfactive and even more.
The individual tasks will include to drive the definition, creation of functional requirements, development of the system, test cases and procedures, validation and delivery into series production, proof of concept development, as well as supplier management and business reviews.
The position requires a highly motivated and hands-on team player with an exceptional attention to detail, strong work ethic, all with a positive attitude. The fast-paced development and bespoke target platform provide a challenging environment suited to an engineer who has the ability to quickly take on responsibility, develop skills in new areas and liaise with other engineers within a multidisciplinary team.
Our customers expect high standards and we require staff capable of meeting such demands.
- Manage a cross-functional team to collectively deliver all aspects of the Infotainment platform on current and future vehicles
- Coordinate and support writing detailed system specifications for driver information and infotainment features
- Lead integration of infotainment systems and features with the overall vehicle architecture
- Management of multiple suppliers to deliver new driver information and infotainment features on time, on cost, and within quality and functional specifications
- Coordinate and report on current activities, software status and issues at a business level
- Define and co-ordinate DVP plans for all areas associated with driver information and infotainment software and hardware
- Ensure and sign-off launch readiness of features for production
- Coordinate validation team and support testing with the latest features and content before release
- Coordinate and assist with fault finding and root cause analysis of failures
- Coordinate and support bugs reporting and creation of test reports
- Lead issue resolution with hardware and software suppliers
- Take responsibility for resolving Infotainment issues on current production vehicles
- Envision and conduct identification of future directions, owing the technology roadmap of this key component
- Support developing the engineering team by training new colleagues into their new roles and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Software Engineering or other relevant engineering subject
- Several years of coordinating experience in development and delivery of Infotainment and Cluster Instrument systems (e.g. Driver Information, Navigation, Multimedia, Connectivity, etc.), with proven evidence of decision making and accountability
- Experience of the Systems Development Lifecycle (V Model)
- Ability to produce formal documentation to a professional standard – be well versed in creation and maintenance of System Requirements/Technical Specifications, DFMEA’s, DVP, Test Cases and Test Procedures, Timing Plans, Minutes and Actions of Meetings
- Experienced managing Tier1 suppliers from concept definition to product delivery
- Organised, systematic and understand the process of fault finding
- Knowledge of CAN/LIN/Ethernet and related tools such as CANoe/CANalyzer
- Familiar with issue tracking tools (Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Mature, confident and articulate in high pressure scenarios
- Pro-active, self-organised and able to work independently with minimum level of supervision
- Ability to effectively manage time between multiple projects and prioritise
- Naturally technical. Able to employ fundamental engineering principles
- Able to make sound judgements based on balance of risk, when data is not available
- Attention to detail, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, social and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours when required
- Passion for the automotive industry and/or technology desirable but not essential
Italia, Emilia Romagna (Reggio Emilia)