As a Software Engineer you will be part of the Software development team in the Silk-FAW Software & Electronics unit.
The Software Engineer requires individuals to create, develop and maintain software life cycle, software architecture and tools to support the activities of the whole software development groups as well as those from other technical groups, facilitating the development of vehicle performance.
Moreover is involved in different topics of the Chassis, Powertrain and ADAS teams to develop and deliver advanced control systems matching or exceeding customer expectations, while considering the intrinsic embedded nature of the final solution.
- Create innovative software solutions based on the requirements of other technical user groups
- Define the control system software requirements, software specification and software structure for automotive applications
- Implement the software architecture and strategies, requirements for closed loop control algorithms, and related software control logic
- Further develop existing software control logics to achieve aims for more robust and efficient embedded implementation, and to assist planning a route for such development
- Execution of the unit test, modules integration test, integration with the EE
hardware, software verifications
- Promote modern working practices in software engineering – CI/CD/DevOps, Model Based Design, test driven development, AUTOSAR architectures, etc.
- Reviews progress of projects and provides frequent progress updates to direct manager
- Leads or contributes to Functional Safety relevant software functions in accordance to ISO26262
- Travel, as necessary, to other development sites
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Software Engineering or other relevant engineering subject
- Experience working in embedded software development teams, delivering solutions to complex problems
- Knowledge of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and willingness to own delivery from requirement analysis through to deployment
- Advocate for delivering software within a DevOps culture and the benefits this approach has
- Highly motivated individual able to use their initiative to resolve development impediments
- Experience managing key stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using MATLAB® Model-Based Design, C, C++ for embedded control systems and a good understanding of Electronic components
- Strong knowledge of Virtual prototyping / MIL / SIL / HIL principles and Model-Based Design experience using MATLAB® Simulink/Stateflow and Automatic code generation with MATLAB® Embedded Coder or dSPACE® Targetlink
- Strong knowledge of configuration management tools such as Git or equivalent
- Familiarity with embedded code debugging tools and strong debugging skills (call stack analysis, breakpoint evaluation, resource budget analysis as Flash, Ram and cpu load)
Italia, Emilia Romagna (Reggio Emilia)